Friday 15 June 2012

TYPOGRAPHY POSTER EXPERIMENT

This is a typography experiment which involved finding a picture of a singer, in my case, I chose Katy Perry, and by typing in text and making it into a brush, I spread the text all over the page. Then I chose the colour by going to 'Blending Options', and then chose 'Gradient Overlay', and chose my colour scheme, which lead me to this result!
I quite like this design, and I've always wondered how artists create this effect, and now I know!!
This is my Katy Perry poster, but as a clipping mask. This involved getting the poster, by clicking 'File', and then 'Place', After that, I typed her initials, and then after re-sizing it, I clicked on 'Object' , 'Flatten Transparency', making sure to have the 'Convert all Text to Strokes' option ticked. Next, I made sure that both the text and the poster were selected, and then went to 'Object',then 'Clipping Mask', selected 'Make', and came out with this result you see here. For the shadow, I went to 'Effect', and then 'Stylize', to 'Drop Shadow'. I chose the amount of shadow I wanted and....voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment