Wednesday 13 March 2013

DIGITAL EXPERIMENTS: digital collages



These are digital experiments using digital collage on photoshop. Inspired by illustrator and collage artist Ciara Phelan who uses different images in her collages. The experiment involved using images either of my own or I had drawn, or from the internet, and arranging them they way I wanted to. I feel that the first one is better because I applied more thought into the composition, much more than I did with the second version. However, the second version used extracts of drawing, my own images as well as something made in Photoshop, so I used mixed resources.
The first version is for the Orwell book 'A clergyman's daughter, whereas the second was for '1984', hence the multitude of eyes.
Overall, I think this is effective for conveying the inner spirit of the book as it gives you the chance to use images relevant to that book, which is what the brief for this project required.

No comments:

Post a Comment