Tuesday 30 April 2013

PRIMARY IMAGERY

In order to compose my final outcomes, I will of course need some imagery to work with. But it has to be my own images instead of ones collected from other course, such as the internet for copyright reasons.
For each of the three books I am working on, I have collected the appropriate imagery for what I am trying to convey.


The following are for '1984'.


This person will be representing the male protagonist, Winston. I have chosen for the facial expression to be blank to convey the somewhat serious nature of the book, as well as the hopelessness of the situation he is living in.


This rather sinister looking eye will be representing how the political party watches over every move of their citizens. 


This person will represent Julia, the female protagonist. Again, there is an expressionless face to match "Winston's". She will on the back cover, with the Party's slogan "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength".


Group of people. They will be used to represent the ordinary people whose movements are watched by the Party. They will be silhouetted to symbolise this.


The following images are for 'A Clergyman's daughter'.


This person is posed as if she has been crucified. Since there is a religious theme in this book, I thought this would be appropriate to include, because it also symbolises how the protagonist, Dorothy is at the mercy of her father, especially for a home.


The image of flower was a nice touch. I thought it would add a delicate feel to the cover.


Image of a church, again for the religious aspects of the novel.


Some ivy. Ivy is said to symbolise dependence and attachment, so I thought that this would be appropriate since Dorothy is dependent on her father, both for a home and to get her out of a sticky situation.


The cross for the religious reference. I will crop the cross pendent and enlarge it and the woman from the previous image in a crucifix position will positioned on top of the pendent as if she were being crucified on it.

The following images will be for 'Animal farm'.

Fields with sunset. This would be used to represent the farm itself. I planned to have a field with a sunset in my initial ideas, but instead the sky will be red to emphasise the propaganda style.


My studies of a pig and a close up of an an animal's eye, reflecting a pig's tail.






No comments:

Post a Comment