Tuesday 21 February 2012

RESEARCHING AND RECORDING





                    
I did some paper manipulations with my photos. I used techniques such as tearing, curling using scissors and paper weaving.
For this experiment, I used Adobe Photoshop and  I used a colour effect.
I used Photoshop again, and I turned the picture negative.

I also did some drawings from life, using different medium. This was to see the effects of using these medium

A sketch in pencil of my sister. Pencil is good for shading and is also user-friendly as you can erase a mistake you make, but the shading isn't as advanced as the charcoal.
A sketch of my mum using a charcoal pencil. Also good for shading but probably more so than the pencil, and is soft. Although charcoal can smudge and can damage the drawing.
A sketch of my brother using a biro. Biro can also create tone, but I don't think it's as user-friendly as the pencil as you can't rub out a mistake. This was emphasised by the mistake I made from the drawing of the lips. I had to settle with what was already there, or neatly scribble it out.
A sketch of my dad. I used charcoal pencil again. To create a more even tone, I used an eraser to lightly rub out some of the charcoal. However, this didn't really help, because if I press too hard on the rubber, it erases the drawing as well as the tone, but pressing lightly wouldn't make much of a difference.



                                                                             






1 comment:

  1. The work completed for all of the starter activities is great and shows a good range of ideas and experiments! Well done!

    ReplyDelete