Tuesday 13 March 2012

PAPER RELIEF, RUBBINGS AND EMBOSSING


                                           A rubbing taken from my relief made with oil pastel
A rubbing taken from my relief using charcoal on tracing paper.
Another rubbing from my relief using a crayon


This involved making a relief using card. I made a relief using my name in Japanese with some surrounding patterns. I used this relief to make some rubbings using charcoal, oil pastel and a crayon on tracing paper and cartridge paper.
                                                                                   
(If you look closely, you can see the embossing...)
                                                                                     
                                                                             
                                                       

                                                                          
Next, I used the relief again for embossing. This involved using damp paper, which was blotted, and laying the relief on top of the damp paper, and embossing it using an Albion Press.
I made two of these embossings, one of them I painted using watercolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment