Sunday 22 April 2012

PACKAGING TRYOUTS

For my exam brief (Self portrait), I need to have made either some sort of package or a storybook. I managed to try completing some nets, most of them easy, a minority weren't.
                                                                                 
This is a completed net of a cuboid, twisted at 120 degrees. This was a bit of a challenge, as I tried many attempts to get the folding as best as I could, in order to make it have a twisted appearance. But I managed to  do it (after 5 attempts).
This is a flip book in the shape of a circle.  This involved cutting four circles of the same shape, and gluing them back to each other. I thought that this was quite clever, because it can be folded to look like a book. This wasn't so hard to make as the twisted rectangle, and didn't take as long. Maybe I could make two of these and one fold out into another. I might just try that...

This is a completed net of a holder. Initially, I thought it was the net of a cube, but I couldn't get it to form a cube. Instead, it turned out to be a container, which could be useful for example for holding trinkets, letters and photos of a subject matter.

This is a squash book in the shape of a square. This is quite similar to the circle flip book shown earlier, except for its size, and the way it looks when unfolded. (This design actually lead me to finding the circle shaped version). At first, it was fairly simple to make, but folding it back proved to be a little difficult, because I didn't fold the paper in the right direction sometimes.

This is what it looks like when folded open.
                This is a cubic shape. This involved making one cube (although it wasn't a complete cube), and gluing a smaller (incomplete) cube on top of it at a certain angle. After much aggravation, it turned out to be a success. It was quite difficult to place the smaller cube at the correct angle, as the bigger cube would sometimes come apart.
                                                      


                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment