Tuesday 24 April 2012

REVIEW OF IDEAS

Since the beginning of this project, my ideas and concepts have changed a significantly. In the beginning, I still wanted to work on the same exam brief of self-portrait, but I was so intent on making some sort of packaging, and that it was going to be about myself. Until recently, I decided to change what my final outcome was going to be, and who it was going to be about. I decided to change the final outcome to be a circle flip book (or two), and the subject was going to be about a fictional suicidal person.
Also, since the beginning, my ideas have also changed as a result of experimenting with different techniques. Some of these techniques include lino printing, embossing and rubbings, a watercolour effect typography, and by doing these experiments, I have plenty of choices as to how I will create drawings, which I will include in my final outcome to make it more engaging.
Also, by looking at different artists and designers such as Rankin, Filip Peraic, Hello Sandwich just to name a few, my ideas have also changed as a result of researching and analysing their work in an in-depth  way, and has also made me look at their work in a different way as well. By looking at their work, it has provided me with more methods of creating an original outcome.
Maybe my work will continue to change in terms of the outcome and subject, but as for now, I highly doubt it...As of now, I don't have any more ideas for experiments do to, but maybe in the near future, that would change (hopefully before the exam rears its ugly head). But, because my subject is about a suicidal person, and I am into Japanese stuff, I will do some research about Suicide in Japan, as the suicide rate there, is VERY high, one of the highest in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment