Sunday 22 April 2012

SURFACE PATTERNS

I also managed to create some surface patterns, which I could use for my final piece.
                                                                         
This surface pattern idea was used with wrapping paper, arranged in a pattern by cutting strips of each paper, and gluing them in turns. This was before I decided that my final piece would be about a suicidal person, so obviously this wouldn't suit it ALL ( not with these kinds of wrapping paper anyway).

This was created using watercolour paints and obviously pencils (for the outline of course). The first four people are the people involved with my main subject, whether it be family or not (for example a bully). As you may have guessed, the last person is of course my main subject, and the gun below...is what she will use to blow her brains out...or won't she? The title of this is called 'The Gun' because by using it will change the people she knows either for better or for worse.

These are splatters of blood made by using watercolour paints. They represent the outcome of my subject pulling the trigger.

This, yet again is splatters of what was supposed to be blood, but then again using a wet tea bag, crushed strawberry juice and crushed blueberry juice wouldn't pull that off as effectively as watercolour paint. So it's just splatters of...stains really. Using those three ingredients mentioned before was a crazy alternative to using predictable red paint or ketchup (this took about 3 days to dry!).

Also, I created this using stamp patterns and cut out letters from newspapers to form the sentence 'Life is Overated', which again fits in with my subject's negative outlook on life. Using this, or some other negative message about life, could just seal her fate...

For this, I used a similar resources such as the patterned stamps, but instead using Japanese characters. Although, the meaning of these characters are opposite to the kind of thoughts that my subject thinks about, their meanings are of positive things such as eternal, laugh, life, love. But they could be used to alter her mindset, and therefore change the outcome of the story...Who knows...
                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment