Wednesday 10 October 2012

ALBUM ARTWORK DEVELOPMENTS

These are some developments I have done for the album artwork. One of these could potentially be featured on my final packaging.

For this version, I have used a repetitive pattern which I created in COLOURLovers.com, and used the typography brush technique that I had done before using the image of Katy Perry. I felt that the colours used were relevant for the summer theme because they were vibrant and bold. You can vaguely see the pattern amongst the writing. The only setback I have for this, is that the different sizes of the painting can stop the viewer from seeing the words.

This is a second alternative artwork design. I used my vector images of Will Smith that I created a while back, and placed them in different positions, using the top design as my background. In some places, I've used the Paint Bucket tool and filled with black. To have this faddy effect, I used the Linear Burn technique. This is a good idea and the effect of the linear burn is effective, but maybe if I used vector images of other objects, it could be even better, instead of just Will Smith vector images. That way, I'd be putting the summer message across.


This is another alternative using the typography brush once again, but with the vector image of a pair of converses. I used a black background, as this advances the bright colours, and used the typography brush in different colours. Unlike the first one, the viewer has a better chance of seeing the lyrics, so I slightly prefer this to the top one. The composition has just about the right amount of objects there without being too clustered, so I really like  this one.
This is another alternative, which uses the previous design, except the background is white, but the text is black with another colour. I did this with the Paint Bucket tool. Also, the pattern which I made on Colour Lovers.net was used, which I overlaid, resulting in this design. I thought that this was quite nice, and you can see the lyrics featured in the song, unlike the very first design. But I feel that this has too much going on and may overwhelm the viewer with colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment