Tuesday 23 October 2012

INLAY DEVELOPMENT


This was my first inlay design to be featured in my packaging. I intended to use the vector image of Will Smith that I created earlier, the typographic defined brush created in Photoshop and the lyrics of 'Summertime'. 
I really liked the image, it went well with the rest of my packaging. The only thing that was bad, was that I couldn't fit all the lyrics on. If I made the text smaller, it won't be seen very well, and the colour of the text, no matter what I changed it to, blended in too much with the background. 

This was originally going to be my final inlay. I used a repeated pattern made on ColourLovers.com, and the typography defined brush from Photoshop. I also used a different font than the top one called 'Apple Casual', in white which made it slightly readable against the black background, but the typographic brush renders it unreadable, so the customer would find it difficult to read (or sing along to). So next time, I will make another lyrics sheet, but maybe using a brighter more vibrant background, with black as the colour of the font. The only challenge is making all of the lyrics of Summertime fit onto the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment