Thursday 11 October 2012

ARTWORK & NET DEVELOPMENT


This is my final net overlaying my final artwork for the CD project. The net is that of the Wow spiral, originally created by packaging company 'Wewow', and the design uses an vibrant image of a pair of trainers/sneakers  in vertical panels (click here for this tutorial), and some typography of the 'Summertime' lyrics created from a typographic brush that I defined in Photoshop, with a black background to advance the colours, make them more noticeable.
This is good for the summer theme, because of the colours of the image and the text, and the net itself is quite swanky (if I may say so myself). What really draws me in is the light green in the middle of the design leading in to the orange.
But, there are a few things that I would change about it. In regards with the vertical panels image, I would much rather have vertical panel images of different aspects of summer instead of just an image of one object that Will Smith often talks about, so some panels, of a pair of trainers/sneakers, then a vector image of Will Smith and then someone wearing a pair of sunglasses. It would convey the message a lot better. Also, I need to add in my final logo in the centre of the net.



Here is another development of what I said I would do earlier. I have used images of Will Smith and a pair of sunglasses (you can only see one lens), as well as the trainers/sneakers from the first image. This is better, because I've incorporated the more than aspect of summer mentioned in the lyrics of the song 'Summertime'. Now, what's left is to use the typography defined brush in Photoshop and to incorporate the logo.
Also, I need to overlay my package over the design, to see where the design lies on the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment