Saturday 22 September 2012

BOOKBINDING EXPERIMENTS

These are my a couple of experiments for bookbinding an inlay (booklet) that will be included in my final CD design. 

This one is an inlay with the pages stapled together. This was a very easy technique to start off with, and it's commonly used. But sometimes stapling in the wrong places can stop the reader from getting information, and re-stapling can ruin the book altogether (unless it's part of the design).

Another view of the stapled bookbinding.

This is a stitched version of the bookbinding. I used thread for this, and it involved poking three holes from inside on the spine of book. Is sewed properly, it could be really secure and hold the book together effectively. 

But it can be difficult to stop the stitching from getting tangled, and can look untidy in not done properly. If you look at the side, you can see that mine isn't very tidy. But if I perfect the technique, I could use it for my final.

No comments:

Post a Comment