Friday 14 September 2012

SHAPES AND SWOOSHES

These are a few patterns that I created in Illustrator. It involved using a tool known as 'Divide Objects Below' under the 'Paths' option in the 'Objects' tab for the pattern at the top. For the smaller shapes, I used the 'Pathfinder' option under the 'Windows' tab. For the slightly cut out circular oval shape, I used the 'Shape Builder tool' in the Toolbox section at the side, and cut out the parts of the circle I didn't want by highlighting it with the mouse, select the Shape Builder tool, and then got rid of the parts inside the circle. 
I thought that this was quite a challenge, especially the oval shape technique, but I eventually got it after going over the steps in the tutorial that I may have missed. But in general, I quite like the look of it and could potentially use it in my final design of my CD cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment