Wednesday 26 September 2012

GRUNGE TEXTURE


This is my grunge texture experiment which I did in Photoshop. This involved choosing a suitable image and textures from the Internet, and overlaying them over each other to create this effect. I also used a lot effects, including the Overlay, the Filter, and adding a Layer Mask to allow me to reveal or conceal some parts of each texture so that they may be seen in the final image. I even chose a colour, which I thought appeared most frequently in the beach image, which was blue, so that was to be my base colour.
I did like this effect, as it allowed me to combine different textures to either be revealed or concealed. Revealing or concealing altogether would have messed up the image, and spoiled the effect that I was going for. I could potentially use this in my final piece, but it would be a bit of a risk to do it.

Here's a LINK!


No comments:

Post a Comment