Friday 14 September 2012

SHINY WORDMARK LOGO

This is a shiny logo in the form of a word mark type (a typographic logo). This involved creating a rectangle and an eclipse shape, and layering the eclipse on top of the rectangle. The rectangle should be a darker colour than the rectangle, and I adjusted the gradient to my liking. For the glory effect, I clicked on 'Drop Shadow' under the 'Stylize' option in the 'Effect' tab, and adjusted the settings. Then I typed the name of the artist, and used the Clipping Mask technique under the 'Objects' tab, resulting in this! Once again, I used a reflection, and this time, I simply copied the word, and reflected it using the 'Reflect' option under the 'Transform' option in the 'Objects' tab.

I did like this effect, however I don't see myself using it in my final cover. To improve it, I would get rid of the slightly noticeable black outline of the circle to make it match with the rest of the glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment