Thursday 20 September 2012

CD PACKAGE EXPERIMENTS


These are a few experiments of CD packaging, and I used a range of materials such as recycled materials, postal materials like parcel paper and old letter envelopes. Also tried out some techniques including wrapping CDs in cloth, similar to using  Japanese wrapping cloth (Furoshiki) and Origami type packaging.
Some were harder than others. Personally, I thought that the origami type packaging was quite difficult, as I had to start again, because I messed up on the folding, but doing it again and going through the instructions helped me to make an even better one. Also coming up with different package ideas with the materials on the spot, I thought was quite tough too (especially as others around me were doing really well).
Whilst doing the wrapping of the CD, I found that it looks better if the cloth is close in size with the CD cover, so if I were to do it again, I'd make sure to take more care when choosing the size of cloth.
There may be some techniques that I could use in my final design, and one of them is the use of cardboard, as it can create an urban look that I would want for my Will Smith CD.


This is an origami type packaging using a recycled magazine page
This is my CD case wrapped in cloth. As I said before, it would've worked better if the cloth was around the same size as the CD.
This is another origami type packaging using graph paper. This was the one that I had to start over again with, and this image is my re-try.
This is my failed packaging using parcel paper (Amazon parcel paper). Out of all the ones I did, this was the worst, because I don't think it would have pulled off the job so well. And it's NOT aesthetically pleasing at all.






No comments:

Post a Comment